Municipal Manager Dr R Ngcobo
PROFILE OF DR. RAYMOND M.B.NGCOBO
- 1993 — Bachelor of Social Science Degree, University of Natal, with majors in Political Science, Industrial and Labour Studies, and Sociology.
- 1995 — Post Graduate Diploma in Industrial Relations, University of Natal
- 1997 — Master of Social Science Degree in Industrial , Organisation and Labour Studies. University of Natal.
- 2005 — Dr of Philosophy (Phd) in Industiali, Organisational and Labour Studies, University of Natal.
- Appointed by former President J.G Zuma as a Commissioner at the International Trade Administration Commission
- Delivered various papers in various conferences arranged by the Harvard Institute, a private sector skills development institute.
- Co-opted by the Provincial Economic Transformation Committee of the ANC to advise on matters relating to Labour market reforms, industrial and Trade Policy.
- Appointed by the then Deputy President and the them Minister of Trade and Industry to facilitate the government-business partnership, under the auspices of the Business Trust, focused on the creation of jobs in the telecommunications and the Business Process Outsources and Offfshoring Industry
- Working with the Human Sciences Research Council, the Presidency and NEDLAC, and various state Departments. He produced the first ever Services Sector Strategy, which became an input to the National Industrial Policy Framework, which was adopted by Cabinet as a blue print for industrial development in South Africa.
- Working with the Presidency, he was the first champion and author of the Regional Industrial Development Strategy of the Department of Trade and Industry, which became a blue print for the development of Regional Industrial Infrastructure programmes such as Industrial Development Zones and Industrial Hubs.
- Implemented a United Nations Industrial Upgrading and Southern African Development Community Modernersation programme and the Department of Science and Technology.
- Oversee and manage a number ofstrategic Industrial infrastructure investments, such as the Richardsbay Industrial Development Zones, including working with former CEO of the IDZ attracting Private capital to the IDZ.
- Facilitation of industrial Development support ,measures, with respect to efficiencies in the South African Services economy, with special focus on the Services Sectors such as Tourism, BPO&O, Financial Services and Construction.
Work History & Experience
Lecturer, Department of Sociology.
University of Natal
1997 – 1998
1999 – 2002
KwaZulu-Natal Economic Council
2002 – 2003
Trade and Investment KwaZulu-Natal (TiKZN)
Development Praxis cc
2004 – 2008
Department of Trade and Industry
2010 – 2013
Chief Executive Office
Harry Gwala District Municipality
2013 – 2017
Deputy Municipal Manager